UMZU International Shipping Terms & Conditions
Locations & Costs for International Shipping
- Due to recent changes in import laws UMZU only ships internationally to Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- International orders cannot be shipped to PO Boxes and require duties to be paid at time of ordering.
- UK Orders must be a minimum of ￡135 (approximately $185 USD) due to BREXIT law changes.
- When placing an order for delivery outside the United States, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Charges for duties, taxes and the carrier's collection fee are in addition to your shipping charge and must be borne by you. We collect duties at time of checkout.
- Some items may require special handling as specified by federal, state and local regulations governing the transport of these items; therefore, the shipment of some products to certain locations may not be possible.
- All prices are shown in U.S. dollars ($USD). The item price is exclusive of any import duties, taxes and shipping charges.
- International orders are subject to duties, customs, and value added taxes (VAT). If you are shipping your order outside of the continental United States, as a condition of sale, you acknowledge and agree that title to your order transfers to you after exportation from the United States and immediately prior to importation of such order at the border of the ship-to location and assume all risk and responsibility for the import clearance, duties, and delivery to final destination.
- We do not accept returns for items shipped internationally.
Customs Duty and Tax
Customs duty and import tax are specific to a particular country and the responsibility of the importing party when electing to ship without paying duties & taxes in advance. Customs authorities in each country calculate duty and tax based on a number of factors, including:
- the category in which the product is classified in the international Harmonized Code (HS) system;
- the value of the product (the price you paid);
- for most countries, duty is calculated on a "CIF" basis (meaning Cost, Insurance and Freight), so the shipping charge you pay may also be factored into the calculation of the duty that may be charged.
We do not offer options to ship internationally without duties.
UK VAT & BREXIT
As of January 1, 2021 the minimum allowable UK order is 135 GBP (approximately $185 USD) due to recent VAT law changes.
International shipments are shipped via UPS International Delivered Duties Paid (DDP). Delivery times will vary by service and country. UPS states that UPS Worldwide Saver is approximately 3 business days.
ALERT: The money-back guarantee for expedited delivery has been suspended by carriers due to COVID-19 until further notice.
Loss or Damage During Shipment
No matter how carefully a package is handled, there are occasions when a package may be lost or the contents damaged during international shipment. Fortunately this doesn't happen very often.
If your package is lost or damaged in International Express Transit, you will need to submit a claim within 14 days of the date of delivery, or within 14 days of the date you received confirmation that it was lost. Packages delayed at Customs points are not considered lost.
To make a claim, please send an email into email@example.com.
Orders shipped to reshipper or other mail forwarding services for international delivery are not eligible for delivery claims or refunds. Please contact your reshipper to file a claim.
Specific Items Not Available To Certain Countries
While it remains the responsibility of the importing party (the buyer) to ensure that the items being purchased on UMZU can be received in their country, we adjust the ability to purchase by country or region as we learn of specific items that cannot be received in certain countries.
We list our product labels on each order page of our website, or will provide those upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Orders are sent to the fulfillment warehouse by 2PM Mountain Time each weekday and are generally shipped within 1-2 business days. Please consider this when selecting your ship method and transit times. Express shipping methods still require 1-2 business days handling time and are not considered part of the delivery time.
The estimated arrival date provided during shopping and checkout are based on the method chosen an the handling time to process the volume of orders. This is not a guarantee on when it will arrive unless you are select a rate that UPS has a delivery guarantee attached (see COVID-19 delivery guarantees for the various services on their respective sites).